Wednesday 16 February 2011

Finshed Shelf and A New Book

Have now finished painting the carved shelf from my last post. Did it in a lovely cream and red to match my room and then gave it a little varnish to keep it in good nick. After that I put it up and began stacking all the books on it as you can see.



The reason why I did this whole design on the shelf was because I felt that a plain wooden shelf would be……well…..just boring!!! The work I’ve put into it makes it look unique and a little quirky but most importantly it makes my shelf as is can remember putting in all the notches and diamonds, all the paint, all the mistakes. Because of all of these points it just feels much nicer in my bedroom and a joy to use.

And its ready just in time as this morning I had a lovely and exciting package waiting for me from America! A soon as I saw it I ripped it open to find a copy of………

Wille Sundqvist’s “Swedish Carving Techniques”. Finally found a copy of it at a decent price and in a very good condition as well. For those who don't know who Wille Sundqvist is, he is one swedens best crafts people, he was also one of swedens provincial handcraft consultants, and his carved works are an inspiration to hundreds of craftspeople. Some of the information from his this book will hopefully better my understanding of carving so my spoons will hopefully get better. Only time will tell……….

No comments:

Post a Comment