Monday 13 August 2012

Quick update

Only a quick post today. Spent Sunday doing some re-enactment with the Savilles Household at croft castle near wale and I was lucky enough to do some bowl turning on my pole lathe whilst I was there (thanks to gary ball for bringing some poles). Was a fantastic venue and a fun day out with lots of public who were very interested in the pole lathe and how bowls were made.

I was only able to produce two bowls out of sycamore as I had to keep stopping and starting throughout the day. But was great to see adults and children who were interested in medieval bowls and medieval history.


Can't wait to do more turning next year with the society and maybe a few more crafts such as spoon carving and bowl carving. 

2 comments:

  1. I was very impressed with this Rob, great display and depth of knowledge, keep at it, looking forward to seeing more of this next year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Gary! was brilliant to get back into it all again. will definitely keep it up. if you ever need a turner or some bowls let me know.

    also hope you get the grant for the coracle. model looks amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete